This article on Manali Leh Highway is followed up by the previous article in Manali Leh Highway Travel Guide. This article is available in English only. The last article dealt with various options for accommodation available on the route Manali to Leh. In this article, I will give some information about some of Manali Leh’s main tourist attractions.
It’s different for all of us to go out for a trip or a holiday. Although some people can visit Ladakh many times, not every one of us would like to or maybe every year find time to visit Ladakh. One of the most common questions I have received from someone who asks me for help with their plan of travel is, “Have I missed anything? “Or “Is this plan designed for a different place or a tourist attraction? ”
So what are you seeing on the highway in Manali Leh? There is something special to offer every tourist destination, every hill station, every town, something that attracts thousands of tourists every year. What is the highway offered in Manali Leh? Where do you stop? Where do you stop? Which location can you pass? Are you able to keep a handy list to ensure you have nothing missed? Please read to see.
What to see on Manali Leh Highway?
The whole of the Manali Leh highway is quite honestly a tourist destination. This 400 km long road is a destination where you will enjoy the natural beauty of every turn. I find it quite difficult and not even fair to point out one particular place which can be referred to as a “tourist attraction.” Yeah, I’m agreed that some places are worth a bit longer than others and the idea underpinning this article is to give you information on what you’re going through to keep your eye open.
Below is a list of what you’ll find on Manali Leh Highway.
- Natural beauty as no other: it’s certainly at the top of the list. Each turn would enchant you, as I mentioned above. Every sigh is worth seeing, from the lush green hills of the valley of Kullu to the cold barren wilderness of the Ladakh.
- Adventure: Do I have to say that? Driving on a road that’s only five months in a year opened and finishing your journey fills your mind with a lifetime feeling of achievement.
- Solitude: Solitude is sometimes hard to find in a country like ours, the second most popular in the world, but during your trip from delhi to Leh you will get a lot.
- Peace: the soul in sight, the only sound of the cold wind, on a hill with snowy mountains all around, and you will get the idea.
- Culture: Lady, monasteries, food and wonderful people experience and bear witness to their culture and customs; you will not find anything else in the country.
- High altitude passes: you pass a total of five high altitudes to Leh, which is an experience each one of itself.
- Nallahs: Driven by the water stream with damaged rocks below, on one side a mountain and on the other straight? Get ready, because you’re going to do it on Manali Leh road several times.
Tourist Places on Manali Leh Highway
Having said that, the question of what do you see still remains. Where are you stopping and spending a little more time? Below are some places which are the star of this trip, in my opinion. This article provides a detailed description of these places.
- Rohtang La
- Deepak Taal
- Baralacha La
- Suraj Taal
- Shaheed Sainik Bhawan
- Gata Loops
- Lachulung La
- Moore Plains
- Tso Kar
- Tanglang La
I will also include a brief description of all the places on Manali Leh road below. You can take a printout, more like a checklist, during your journey, to make sure your visit to someplace worth a visit was not missed.
Manali is one of our country’s most important tourist destinations and needs no introduction. This small city is beautiful in itself at a height of 2 050 meters (6,726 ft), although it is becoming too crowded these days.
Traveling from Manali to Leh means that from June to September, from June to July, you are also in Manali and will be prepared for a crowd of visitors. This is the tourist season here too.